- Asking of rain (istisqaa') consists of supplication (du3aa') and asking for forgiveness.
- There is no sunnah group prayer when asking for rain, but one may pray in group or single if one wishes.
- If one wishes to pray, then it is done as in Eid, outside the masjid with loud reciting and a speech at the end.
- The leader faces the Qiblah while supplicating, and turns his coat if he wishes.
- The non-muslims that live in muslim countries do not join the muslims in asking for water, because the purpose is to ask for the descent of mercy, and they attract the descent of damnation.
Wednesday, January 05, 2005
Prayer of Asking For Water (istisqaa’)
Posted by Abu Adam at Wednesday, January 05, 2005