- Witr's is a duty, has three consequtive subsets (no tasliim after the first sitting for tashahhud) with FatiHah and a suurah, and with a supplication (qunuut) before bowing in the 3rd subset.
- When one wants to make the Witr Supplication, one raises the hands like in the proscription while saying "Allahu Akbar," then starts to supplicate silently.
- There is no regularly prescribed qunut supplication (like the supplication of Witr) other than in Witr.
- If there are calamities, such as war, one may make qunut supplication in other than Witr in the standing after the bow (rukuu^) in the last subset.
- Followers remain silent if the leader of the prayer makes the qunuut supplication in Fajr.
- Witr is prayed in group in Ramadan only, by the consensus of the muslims, and with loud reciting.
Tuesday, January 04, 2005
Posted by Abu Adam at Tuesday, January 04, 2005